By registering for a course with CBE you agree to abide by the following terms and conditions:
1.1 Paying yourself?
Payment of the course MUST be made in full before the start of the course. If payment is not made before the course starts you risk losing your place on the course.
1.2 Company paying?
Full payment must still be made upon registration/before course begins. We can issue you with an official receipt to give to your employer so you can recoup the money from them.
2.1 Courses run based on numbers of students, so if you cancel after the course has started there will be no refund. It may be possible to move your subscription to the following term – this should be discussed with the Director of Studies.
2.2 There is a 14 day cooling off period before the start of the course in which you can cancel your inscription without incurring any fees.
2.3 CBE reserves the right to cancel a course if there are not enough participants. In this case your full fees will be refunded.
2.4 Lessons/courses cancelled due to force majeure will be rescheduled or refunded.
2.5 If the circumstances related to the cancellation are unavoidable, a refund may be agreed upon with the Director of Studies. A maximum of 75% of the total course fees paid may be refunded.
3 CLASSROOM ETIQUETTE
3.1 CBE reserves the right to refuse admission/terminate contract of students who, in its opinion, cause disruption to the class and thus impair the learning of other members on the course.
3.2 Eating is not permitted in lessons. You are welcome to use the canteen area before your lesson to eat. (You are welcome to bring non-alcoholic drinks into the classroom)
4.1 All materials provided by CBE (excluding purchased coursebooks) are not to be copied, shared or given away to any 3rd party.
5.1 Complaints must be submitted by email or letter to the CBE front desk and not to the teacher.
5.2 If you wish to send your complaint to a 3rd party – you may send it to the Director of El Abanico (contact details on website)
5.3 We aim to respond to the complainant within 1 week and resolve the issue as quickly as possible. All details will be kept confidential, unless otherwise demanded, and CBE will commit to a fair and just resolution.
5.4 A record of the complaint will be kept for 2 years.
5.5 The advice of the independent person is binding for both sides. Only a judge can alter this outcome.
DURATION: These terms & conditions apply for the entire duration of your language course.
1-1 (PRIVATE) TUITION
Please note that one-to-one tuition is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The balance of lesson/course fees must be paid upon registration or on the first lesson.
- If you postpone the starting date of your lessons giving:
- More than 48 hours notice no penalty. The fees that have been paid will be valid for a future lesson. Lessons must be scheduled within 3 months of postponement.
- Less than 48 hours notice you will have to pay the full cost of the lesson.
- If you wish to cancel all your lessons:
- More than 1 week before course starts full refund of fees
- Less than 1 week before the lesson/course starts 0% refund
- Children and babies are not permitted in the lessons, and animals (with the exception of guidedogs) may not be brought into the Centre without prior arrangement
- Queries or complaints must be submitted by email or letter to CBE Languages front desk (email@example.com) and not to the teacher.
- 10. Eating is not permitted in lessons. You are welcome to use the canteen area before your lesson to eat. (You are welcome to bring non-alcoholic drinks into the classroom)
Thank you and we wish you a very pleasant learning experience!